by Valerie Strauss @WP
2013 年 Google 的內部研究 (Project Oxygen) 就已經指出，之前 Google 招聘最看重的 STEM 學業能力是卓越 Googler 的八個特質中排在最後一位，顯示軟實力比硬實力重要。最近 Google 的新研究 Project Aristotle 更加強化了這論述，公司最有重要且有效的新點子經常不是來自 A-team，而是表面上不是最聰明的 B-team 所提出。
Project Oxygen 得到的重要特質排名 (不知為何只有七個，少了一個):
- being a good coach
- communicating and listening well
- possessing insights into others (including others different values and points of view)
- having empathy toward and being supportive of one’s colleagues
- being a good critical thinker and problem solver
- being able to make connections across complex ideas.
- STEM expertise
Those traits sound more like what one gains as an English or theater major than as a programmer. Could it be that top Google employees were succeeding despite their technical training, not because of it?
Project Aristotle 得到的特質:
- emotional safety (most important)
- curiosity toward the ideas of your teammates
- emotional intelligence
No bullying. To succeed, each and every team member must feel confident speaking up and making mistakes. They must know they are being heard.
- What Google Learned From Its Quest to Build the Perfect Team @NYT
- Project Oxygen: 8 Ways Google Resuscitated Management